“Man-In Service” Workshop
Whilst exploring and grounding ourselves in our masculine presence, and connecting together as men, we will also have the unique opportunity to be ‘in service‘ to women on their journey.
Shivakami Steve Corbett
For the last 10 years, exploring and embodying a healthy and grounded masculinity has been my purpose, both in my own personal development and personal/work life. Sharing this journey with other men fulfils me, and I am always filled with gratitude when I see how when men get together with this intention, the effects ripple out and impact on everyone and every area of their life. Women benefit, children benefit, as does the world at large, and this is our gift to the world.
Whilst being on a journey of self- discovery together with other men, we will also be supporting the women in their ceremonies, workshops and events in many different ways. In our relaxed, accepting and playful environment, you will have opportunities to practice:
- Putting yourself out there, without ‘losing yourself’
- Taking risks and making ‘mistakes’ in a safe, relaxed and fun environment
- Getting in touch with and exploring your masculinity and power
- Dropping the mask and being yourself around others
- Being curious and playful whilst still respecting yourself and others
- Serving the feminine effectively by serving yourself and your brothers first
- Serving and respecting the feminine without becoming ‘castrated’
- Experimenting with ‘authentic’ relating in diverse real world contexts
- Trusting yourself and your ‘brothers’ without competition
- Connecting with and acting from intuition
- Responding to women and men from a sense of grounded and relaxed confidence
- Feeling and acting from your power without ‘overpowering’ others
- Communicating your desires and needs in an honest, healthy and respectful way
- Acting from your heart whilst maintaining your masculine energy
• We believe the world needs us men to rediscover our true nature. And we owe it to the world to do just that. It is important to understand that even the most extreme feminists are not against masculinity, the qualities that everyone judges, etc are not those of natural masculinity, they are against the distorted masculinity that is being played out on the global stage.
• We believe we need to acknowledge our part in the mistreatment and abuse of the feminine, and we can apologise for this, while being wary to not go into self blame and castration. We can apologise from a place of greatness, a place of power and it be even more meaningful. The default position of apologising is usually one of being small and ashamed, and we can change this dynamic right here and right now.
• We believe we need to be prepared to look at the scripts that have been passed down from generation to generation. We are told that feminine is the opposite of masculine, therefore we have to reject embodying any of these qualities, or face rejection ourselves . This is the script we’ve been given, boys are strong, and girls are weak. This is what is being subconsciously communicated to hundreds of millions boys and girls around the world. We teach boys it’s not okay to be hurt, it’s not okay to be vulnerable, but it is okay to cover that up with anger or silence.
• We believe it is in our nature, as men, to be grounded in our masculinity. We are not born to spend our lives castrated. It’s exhausting trying to be man enough for everyone all the time. Pretending we are strong when we felt weak, confident when we felt insecure, and tough when really we were hurting. Men do not need to suffer in secret.
• We believe if we as men reject our true masculinity, then it will only distort and play out in distorted ways – it is too powerful to repress, we are not that strong – by embracing it and giving it space, the power can be harnessed in a multitude of positive ways
• We believe men’s work should be about learning to love being a man. To re-learn how to access and enjoy our natural masculinity. And that it is the responsibility of each individual man, to keep reinitiating and birthing ourselves into our own masculinity.
• We believe all we need is another man holding us accountable (showing up) and creating a safe space to feel, and the transformation can be instant. That our display of vulnerability can sometimes give other men the permission they need to do the same.
• We believe a healthy man is one who is always striving to live their edge, that point just outside the comfort zone. This is what helps them grow and makes them feel alive.
• We believe you are not doing this just for the women – you are doing this for yourself and you are worth it!
Join us on this empowering journey …
Benefits that you can expect
- The creation of lasting, fulfilling and authentic connections with women and men
- A deep and lasting connection with your male ‘tribe’
- To find new, exciting and healthy ways of communicating with women and men
- Increased trust in yourself and others
- To experience a healthy connection to yourself, your needs, desires and purpose
- To identify and learn strategies to drop old patterns of relating that don’t serve you
- To learn the importance and effects of connecting to your masculine presence and power
- To drop the masks and learn to love your uniqueness
- A sense of relaxation as you drop the burden of having to have life ‘all figured out’